The CardioVascular Research Grid recently released an update to the Eureka! Clinical Analytics software, version 1.6.1, available as open source from http://aiw.sourceforge.net. Eureka! Clinical Analytics is a web application that provides you with an easy way to phenotype a patient population based on their clinical and administrative data, and load those phenotypes and data into your own instance of the i2b2 data warehouse system. A fully functional demonstration of the software is available at https://eureka.cci.emory.edu.
This upgrade includes a major new feature, a complete graphical clinical phenotype editor. We also have made numerous fixes to enhance the site's usability and security. These changes include:
• Allow users to create four kinds of phenotypes: frequency, sequence, value threshold and category. User-defined phenotypes appear in i2b2 for query.
• Automated reset, change and expire password support, including synchronization with the user's i2b2 password.
• Fixed the RSS feed at the bottom of the screen, which had broken because Emory had switched to a new RSS provider.
• Errors during file upload more reliably appear in the user interface and stop the upload.
• File upload performance enhancements.
Supported Web Browsers: Eureka! is known to work on recent versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
Supported Operating Systems: You may access the Eureka! web user interface from any desktop operating system that can run one of the web browsers above. The Eureka! web application is known to install on CentOS 5 and 6, and Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS.